Tuesday 27 October 2015




                                    Pintrest Art Analysis

Title of artwork Shaman’s Face
Artists name Karoo Ashevak
Date of artwork not found
Size 6.5x6.5
Medium stone, bone, ivory

The art I chose was a piece of art named the Shaman’s Face it’s a piece by Karoo Ashevak. This piece of art used lots of stone, bone and ivory I think this medium is very unique and pretty to look at. Most of the shapes I see in this photo are very round like the eyes the shape of the head and around his mouth, the artist also using some rectangles in this piece of art like the surface below the head, his mouth and his nose. In this photo it looked like the artist used allot of smooth surfaces in this art like the face but he also uses a more hard and rough surfaces like the platform holding the head.

The first detail I look at when I see this piece of art is his eyes because the colour of them stands out form the rest of his face. The materials he used for this piece of art is very nice to look at because it has little cracks in it that bring out a lighter colour then the rest of the art witch brings allot more detail to the face. The light colour they used for the rectangular surface below the head brought allot of contras between the head and the surface below it.

When I look at this piece of art it reminds me of the arctic because of the hood he is he wearing. I don’t really know what this artist was trying to express when making this piece of art but I have a couple of guesses, I think when he was making this art he was trying to tell people to stay happy and positive no matter what happens but I a not entirely sure what it means.


This piece of art is very calm and simple and easy to look at, there isn’t very much complexity to it witch is more fitting for what this piece of art is. I really like the Shaman’s Face and I hope you did as well thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment